Changes made from version 5.20 to 6.10:
- Added Connect IQ 1.2.0 SDK support. See the Connect IQ 1.2.0 SDK for a list of new features.
- Added support for updating past activities with heart rate data stored in an HRM-Tri strap. This feature can be accessed through the history menu on the watch.
- Added support for using a footpod as the speed source while running.
- Added an option to the Bluetooth menu to disable phone connection alerts.
- Enabled crank length to be viewed and set for all power meters that support a variable crank length.
- Automatically translate some additional custom profile names.
- Reduced the number of sensor connection notifications.
- Improved the distance algorithm for open water swim.
- Fixed a rare issue in which GPS distance would stop accumulating.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when importing some setting files and courses.
- Fixed several issues with calorie computation in pool swim.
- Fixed a couple of issues with Virtual Partner pace and time behind.
Changes made from version 4.20 to 5.20:
- Added HRM-Tri and HRM-Swim support.
- Added Connect IQ 1.1.3 SDK support.
- Added tone-only and vibration-only options to the alarm.
- Added a shortcut for changing the pool size to the shortcuts menu in a pool swim activity.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when uploading an activity to a paired smartphone over Bluetooth.
Changes made from version 3.30 to 4.20:
- Support Connect IQ 1.1.2 SDK.
- Add support for updating Vector and HRM-Run firmware.
- Improvements to the vertical speed data fields.
- Improvements to ANT+, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi reliability.
- Improvements to Connect IQ watch face behavior.
- Files that fail to upload to Garmin Connect over Wi-Fi are no longer continually retried.
- Fixed an issue with connecting to legacy heart rate monitor straps.
- Fixed an issue with VIRB continuing to run after a multisport activity was stopped.
- Fixed an issue with distance calculation when open water swim is not the first sport in a multisport activity.
- Fixed a rare issue with language files getting removed when updating over Wi-Fi.
- Various improvements and bug fixes.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.30:
- Fixed an issue with GPS not turning back on when unlocking the watch after it previously timed out during a stopped activity.
- Fixed an issue with incomplete activity files on very long rides when using Vector cycling dynamics.
- Fixed a pool swim pace issue for swims further than 4295m.
- Fixed an activity tracking issue where the auto goal wasn't increased if the watch was off at midnight.
- Fixed an issue with VIRB continuing to run after a workout was stopped.
- Various Connect IQ fixes and stability improvements.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 3.20:
- Support Connect IQ 1.1.0 apps and widgets. Installed apps can be found in the list of activity profiles. Installed widgets can be found in the Low Power Mode loop by scrolling through the list.
- Support Connect IQ app and widget installation and management through Garmin Express and the Garmin Connect Mobile smartphone app.
- Added support for Cycling Dynamics with Vector pedals.
- Added support for Shimano Di2 shifters.
- Added Gesture feature support to Connect IQ Watch Faces.
- Reliability improvements to Bluetooth pairing and maintaining connections with Android devices (Garmin Connect Mobile 2.7.2 or higher required).
- Fixed issue with Activity Tracking data not uploading correctly to Garmin Connect.
- Improvements to ANT+ reliability.
- Improved the behavior of the vertical speed data fields.
- Various improvements and bug fixes.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.70:
- Support Connect IQ 1.0.1 watch faces and data fields. The active watch face can be selected in Settings → System → Clock. Up to two Connect IQ data fields can be added to each activity profile in Activity Settings → Data Screens.
- Support Connect IQ watch face and data field installation and management through the Garmin Connect Mobile smartphone app.
- Update Activity Tracking distance and calories in pool and open water swim profiles.
- Improve barometer calibration to eliminate noticeable elevation offsets on some activities.
- Add support for creating ski/snowboard activity profiles. Displays speed, distance, vertical drop, and includes an automatic run counter (with Auto Pause for the lift line).
- Add customizable map zoom to the map page shortcut menu.
- Add a smart notification mute toggle to the shortcut menu.
- Add a key lock feature to the shortcut menu that prevents accidental button presses.
- Improvements to Bluetooth connection reliability.
- Improvements to Wi-Fi reliability.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.50:
- Improvements to activity tracking.
- Improvements to smart notifications.
- Improve footpod calibration.
- Reduce ANT+ sensor connection time and improve connection reliability.
- Improve open water swim GPS track.
- Various bug fixes and stability improvements.